The resources listed on this page are a great place to start. They are easy to use, offer comprehensive information on most aspects of cancer, and can direct you to other useful resources.
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Information
Learning about Cancer
- Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR)
- Breakaway From Cancer
- Cancer Links
- Cancer.Net: Oncologist-approved cancer information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Cancer News on the Net
- Cancer Support Community
- Heart of Gold Wigs
- International Cancer Alliance for Research and Education
- MedlinePlus: The National Library of Medicine
Health information for patients, family, and friends.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- On Top of Cancer
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Center Watch
- Coalition of National Cancer Cooperative Groups
- National Cancer Institute
- Corporate Angel Network
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Patient Advocate Foundation
The manufacturer of your medication may also have a patient assistance program if you cannot afford your treatment. Contact the manufacturer for more information.
Getting Started:VIEW WORKSHEET >
The Chemotherapy and Infection Discussion Guide can help you understand your
risk of infection
Infection can be a serious side effect of strong chemo. Find out the factors that affect your risk of infection. Simply answer a few questions, and then print your results to share with your doctor.
Use the Chemotherapy and Infection Discussion Guide to find out more.
Survivor StoryWATCH VIDEO >